Thursday, May 15, 2008

A New Wrinkle - Those Daring Young Men in Their Flying Machines

(If You've Got the Stomach for it)

I am not a big fan of the French. (Who is, other than the French?) I will admit that the French have some very impressive engineers. The Swiss speak French. I'll forgive that. After all, the French have some remarkable engineers but the Swiss always have someone like this fellow, working from his garage and doing some of the most amazing, precision design and machining on the planet. Fear the Swiss.

Meet, Yves Rossy, and his personal jet aircraft.

3 comments:

Wendy said...

Yay, branching out! I like the change in comments format. The window was a little awkward.

Hmm, personal jet wing? I could live with that. Impressive.

Disturbing picture choice at the top.

ADDhole said...

You don't think she's beautiful? Just a few stretch marks . . .

and, No, that's not my belly.

Yes. The pop-up window didn't exactly pop. I'm also going to throw caution to the wind and let people comment without Big Brother in the way.

Wendy said...

To those who have them, stretch marks can be beautiful, I'm sure, simply because of the children they represent. But no one likes to examine their physical flaws that closely. I must forever call that photo disturbing.